Wednesday, April 18, 2012

DIY⎪Caviar manicure

So, it seems everyone's talking about this new trend called Caviar manicure. Nail bars are all lining up to do their own version of this new fashionista's fav. 

I wanted to try out for myself and see whether I really buy it or not.













First, I'd like to say that, from the pictures of the models done by professionals, it already looks kinda "ouch" to me. I don't personally like the feeling of fake nails on my fingers, even the gel nails girls are raving about, saying that you almost can't feel that you're wearing fake nails. For my part, it's the "almost" that bothers me; because I just don't like to feel ANYTHING at all on my fingers. 

The prospect of having beads stuck to my nails, therefore, didn't seem to generate flowery thoughts in my head. I was reluctant, and maybe that's the reason why I ended not really enjoying the (feeling of ) Ciate beaded caviar manicure - though it looked pretty.

After reflecting on it for a bit (I know, it's not brain surgery; but I had to ponder about it for a moment because I just didn't want to be the weird girl who doesn't like what's become unanimous amongst fashion-cravers and amateurs alike.

I came up with this version - using thick-grained glitter bought in a decoration store. Though it's not exactly similar to the original version of caviar nails, I find it close enough and a pretty good alternative for those who, like me, are beads-intolerant!

See you soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment