Thursday, April 26, 2012

Day2⎪ Dream body journey (1)

BREAKFAST


I woke up feeling a little sore around the neck and shoulders, as well as my calves. But I took it as a good sign. I might get a bit over myself by thinking that something's already happening, so soon in my process. But that over-enthusiasm is probably what's going to keep me motivated until the end. After all, I still have 28 more days to go before screaming "Victory!".


So on with today's regimen: Contrary to yesterday, I was too hungry this morning to work out before having food in my stomach. I had to eat and to eat something consistent. With all the cookbooks and TV shows I've seen on the topic, I know now that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, the fuel that will keep me going and resist temptation until lunchtime. And the one thing that sticks to the stomach is protein and carbohydrates. Without going overboard (I still need to keep it light), I decided to make something with carbohydrate without having to add sugar - my Achilles' heel. So pancakes were out of the question. Yet, I didn't really feel like making myself some eggs, because I usually eat them with bread and I can go overload with bread: one, two, three, four... pieces and I loose count.


So I thought of the fake veggie - corn. Sweet to the taste and definitely a carbohydrate; not a problem to keep me going for a few hours. But just biting on corn, yuk! Unless it's in a salad, it's not very appealing. I like my breakfast warm so I thought "potato cake = corn cake = voilà!"


I grabbed half a can of corn kernels, smashed it with a hand blender, added 1ts of flour + 1 ts of corn starch, seasoned it, made patties about 1/2inch thick. Next, screaming hot pan, spray oil and my corn cakes were ready to undergo nice cooking for 2-3 minutes on each side.


I still wanted to get my morning intake of fruits; hence the cantaloupe and watermelon (from yesterday - actually, I bought a whole watermelon, so I probably have another 3-4 days worth of the red watery fruit).


At the last minute, I thought I might add some cream cheese on my corn cakes (see in the picture), but as I started eating, I felt satisfied with just the cakes and ended up putting the cream cheese aside and throwing it away once I was done having breakfast. A nice gulp of my water/lemon juice mix and I was ready to start my day. 


Half an hour later, I was starting my gym session with 20 minutes express cardio/fat burning session, which I followed by abs/thighs just for 10 minutes - that's when I heard my phone ringing, and I picked up thinking it was my honey calling me (he's away on business trip so every phone call is a treasure!). After that, i didn't feel like finishing up anymore so I headed off to shower and work.


Overall though, nice AM!


No comments:

Post a Comment