Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Help! Get fit in a month!

This is usually the kind of stuff I snack on in the afternoon.
Temptation island : Sugary snacks just what I had today. Actually, to tell you the truth, I've had 3 of those because I share a couple with my girls before eating this one in bed, by myself.









      Eating in bed, with a nice documentary on style or
decoration,or just a magazine.
The dream? Yep, but not for long...
It's been over a week that I've decided to get into some sort of fitness program. 


Let's rewind a bit to approximately four years ago. Before I got pregnant for the first time, I had never had any sort of body issue. Actually, quite the opposite. I can say that I had close to the perfect body (for me!). My stomach was astonishingly flat, my waist was tiny tiny, my hips discreetly feminine and my legs were quite fit. One time, I measured myself and found that my chest measurement was the exact same number as my hips. Perfect hourglass figure. Needless to say that I never went to the gym and I never had to worry about what I ate.


Well, that's all in the past now. Two wonderful girls later, the eldest being just 11 months older than the youngest, I can't really recognize my body. But I think the change is not really noticeable for most so I can't really complain. Except that I just don't feel right. For the first time in my life, I'm searching for ways to get fit and loose what I can't really call "baby fat" anymore, since the girls are not really babies anymore.  The other thing is that it seems that my husband and other members of my family embrace this (new) womanly figure more than I do.


I had to stop and ponder about what was really the issue. My body fat measurement says that I'm not fat, far from it. I'm considered "normal". But what does "normal" mean? Is feeling like none of my clothes fit me the way they used to "normal"? Is feeling like I misplaced my body and I'm mistakingly living in someone else's body "normal"?


So, after a few failed attempts at going to the gym, getting a personal training coming at home, and my very fit-former-martial-art super handsome husband telling me to work out with him, I'm trying my ultimate fitness solution: working out from home. I'm lucky that I'm a mom/business owner working from home. It seems I have no excuse to not get on with this program. Except that.... I really, really need to get motivated.


My goal : loose 10 lbs and keep it off. 


Also, I'm doing a small diet adjustment, but nothing too crazy to help me with my goal. And, of course, I'm using a few Law of Attraction helpful exercises/tricks to help me mentally reach my objective.


So, today's 24 April. It is also the first day towards my dream body. I know it won't be the body I used to have pre-babies; but who knows, it might actually be better :-)


After my nice piece of butter cake, now on with my work out DVDs and
my 34oz bottle. I've already one of those today. Yeah :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment