Monday, December 17, 2012

One week from Christmas - Detox!

Hello everyone

I woke up this morning, feeling out of breath. Allergies, probably. The past week has been hectic, in the marvelous of ways. A few wonderful ladies came to the institute on friday and saturday, which ended the week in a positive note. Two of them at my "Goddess Lakshmi" facial, made with 24K GOLD Jovees professional  high-end ayurvedic cosmetic line.  And they were actually delighted to have had that ritual.

I had been under the weather - the flu, dehydration, thalassemia, etc. It wasn't pretty. I got up with the hopes of having enough energy for my clients and my little girls' b-day party set for saturday afternoon.

From a logical calculation of 30% show-ups from the invitation cards we had the girls distribute at their school, we expected about a dozen kids to actually come. Well, I couldn't have been more wrong. It was wonderful, hectic and a lot of fun. We were lucky to have over 30 boys and girls aged 3 to 4 y.old, all as diverse and fun in their background, behavior and opinions. By the time the party started, I felt like a wet (dirty) mop. As my girls were enthusiastically reviewing all the gifts they received, I couldn't help but falling asleep.... only to get up the next morning, awoken by the singing and playing of the princesses and their friend at 11AM.


* * * 
So, the point of this post was to talk about my decision to do a small detox before christmas. I'm expecting some sort of binging during the holidays. Plus, my body's aching and, from being sick to not being able to respect my ayurvedic lifestyle these days as my schedule is becoming more and more busy, purifying and strengthening seem the key to health. 

Just days from Christmas, today seems the best day to start.

This is my program:
- For breakfast: I had a tall glass of warm ginger-lemon water (as usual) to kick off my metabolism and stimulate digestion from a night's brew.
- No snack as I would usually have one at around 10AM.
- For lunch: A plate of ground fish balls w/sesame seeds, a side of quickly sautéed jumbo spinach leaves, a couple of steamed tortillas and ayurvedic cucumber raita salad. Yummy! 


I ate at noon. I can probably have a fruit this afternoon, but I won't be able to eat at least a couple of hours before taking my first dose of purge.  I'll tell you all about the process, how I feel, the recipes, etc.

So, see you in a few hours!


No comments:

Post a Comment