Monday, December 24, 2012

Memory lane: family pictures

I miss my family. Everyone is spread all around the world but in my heart, it's like things haven't changed. I'm still the capricious little girl I used to be, being spoiled by her great-grand mother and her grand-mother and the whole tribe of loving aunties!

I love you all and my heart, my spirit, my soul are right by your side.



From your daughter, niece, grand-daughter.



My grand-mother Emilienne Legalet in the center carrying my aunt Carole.
Clockwise from the center top: my mom, Josiane; then Nadine, Françoise, Eric and Rolande.
Ethnic heritage: Black mixed with Chinese, French, Greek, British 
(from before colonization all the way to the independance in 1960).
Our ethnicity: African
Country: Gabon


My second mom, my auntie Nadine - who left us last year in November.
I love her and miss her in a way words can't describe.


My mom and I, always looking for trouble in her purse and stuff.


Again, lovely mom Josiane. Imagine: she's as nice and generous as she is pretty!


My mom, posing somewhere in Paris.


Mom and I at home in Gabon.


Us, with my dad Charles. He actually passed away when I was very young.
I don't have a picture of my step-dad handy but I've been lucky to have been blessed with yet another wonderful human being 
and I am proud to be his daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment