Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Day 2: Detox: My Lunch

Today's crazy with work: A few orders of jewelry, plus I'm making and packaging the products from my skincare line Shreyas.

Anyway, I just wanted to continue on yesterday's post on my little pre-holiday detox so that my body doesn't get overwhelmed by the mountainous and diverse food it's going to have digest in the next couple of weeks or so.

Again, no breakfast this morning. Just some encoded water, plenty.

For lunch, here's what I had: It's a kapha-pitta balancing meal. Though I'm a vata-pitta, I've been suffering kapha-pitta excess recently, from exhaustion, traveling, working and not taking care of myself overall. That included: tons of respiratory allergies, acne and other skin inflammation, hair thinning... Bad! But as part of my new year resolutions, I've definitely included "Taking care and cherish myself". In order to take care of others, I most certainly make time for myself.

What is is: Stewed eggplant, with ginger, garlic, roasted sesame seeds. With cumin, fenugreek, fennel seeds. At the end, I added a little bit of coconut milk and minced green onions. The whole thing, served over reallllly crushed white rice.

I'm so busy that I don't see hours go by and no craving so far so, as long as I keep away from temptation, I shall be ok.


No comments:

Post a Comment