Saturday, February 23, 2013

Is everyone just so damn busy?

I asked myself this question today, as I was rushing from one professional engagement to a social gathering, before finishing the day in front of the computer.

As I'm preparing for the inauguration of the new space of my concept spa-boutique (not very far from where I was before), I try not to feel overwhelmed by the fact that I am basically on my own. From the first drafts of the project, to dealing with picking out fabric, renovating old furniture, dealing with repair work and then, doing more sophisticated tasks as coming up with new formulations of products or thinking and producing packaging, I must say that I sometimes wish I could share the "burden".

Then, I think about the powers of words, and as soon as I catch myself thinking "what if", I immediately get myself back on a place on comfort, self-confidence and faith.

Then again, I love what I do. I enjoy the process and I enjoy every moment, hoping the outcome will not be the end of things, but just another step of the whole thing. I live this lifestyle and being able to share it with love and warmth, what more can I ask the Universe?

So, more enjoyable moments:
yesterday, I had a surprisingly bright experience. A few weeks ago, I ran into a friend of a friend, who's also a photographer. At the time, I wasn't really thinking I would want to do a photoshoot or even needed photos. But you never know, right?

I've never been a big fan of being photographed. I always kinda feel awkward in front of a camera and never really know how to pose or what to do in general. So that experience is usually a quick and not so painful one. Yet, with my boutique picking up and starting to make my skincare line more visible outside of my *privileged and private* circle of clients, I thought I could always use photos (maybe) for press reviews and things like that.

We'll see! One thing is sure: I did enjoy the experience and will be glad to renew it, though, maybe not so soon! lol.




No comments:

Post a Comment